Saturday, September 20, 2008

October 17th - Survivor's Day


October 17, 1987 - Survived massive California Earthquake
October 17, 1993 - Survived 1st Cholesteatoma Ear and Brain surgery, 1 encephalocele
October 17, 2008 - Survived 2nd Cholesteatoma Ear/Brain surgery, 2 encephaloceles

We all have bad days, and some have bad years. This has been a difficult year, but also our greatest blessing. Losing one’s equilibrium is a great symbolic lesson, and it teaches me “to be still and know that He is God, and that he is in control.” My constant concern over balance and equilibrium causes me to move slower and more deliberate in every decision and every movement of my life. What once was viewed a curse is slowing being recognized as a great blessing. By the way, please don't let anyone tell you "The Lord won't give you anything you can't handle". It's not in Holy Writ, at all. He gives us plenty we can't handle. He wants us to give it back to him. He'll handle it. We need to reach out, and give it back. It's the only "Way". He is truly the Way.

3 comments:

Kat said...

Wow mom, what a great blog! I'm so proud of you. You really are the best mama out there! I learn and glean so much from you! Sometimes I learn the hard way but sometimes I can learn from others, and especially from you! You are a great motivator, cheer-leader and listening ear (you still have one good one!). I love you dearly mama. Love, Kat
P.S. Travis thinks your awesome too. :)

Christine said...

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experiences.
I love that you are able to look at your weaknesses and trials in the light of trying to learn and grow from them. You have inspired me to do the same in my own life. This truly is what life is all about - learning to trust in the Lord and become more like him.

rachel said...

PS - Rachel thinks you're awesome too! Thank you so much for sharing this post. I know what you say is true and I am so glad to be able to associate with you from time to time. Please keep blessing us with your thoughts :) Have a great week!