Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Faces of Unconditional Love

I want to take a moment to thank the many people, especially the two people in this picture who have supported me through some difficult years. This blog entry does not exclude all the others who have been supportive. I just wanted give a tribute to my folks.

I learned recently in church (conference) that we can be angels on earth to each other. I've been to far too many funerals this year and had to say goodbye or "until then" to too many people I truly cared about. I've learned that our sojourn together on earth can be very short, and we must cherish every minute of it. Thank you, both of you, for caring to remember special days, testing days, interview days, doctor appointments and remembering the details. Thank you for giving us the best gifts: your time, concern, phone calls, belief in us, and expecially your prayers. Thank you for being our angels. I love you for giving us what we needed beyond the bare necessities, and that was your love. I am learning more from you every day. You have both traveled difficult paths to become the people you are today, and I appreciate the things you've said and done and by your example. I have a lot to learn from you still. I just wanted you to know that I notice what you say, what you don't say and how you conduct your life. I think I'm finally beginning to grow up and see things more clearly. Thank you for being a part of my life and for never ever giving up. I love you very much. I can't wait to see you again.

1 comment:

Shine1748 said...

Linda, we truly love you and appreciate you for the wonderful woman you are!

Thank you for this tribute and the tears that are now in my eyes and running down my face. They are truly tears of endearment!

Dad & "Mom"