Wednesday, March 18, 2009

MY INDEPENDENCE DAY! A Walmart!




TODAY is the first day of the rest of my INDEPENDENT life thanks to WALMART!

Words cannot describe how deliriously happy I am to be FREE from 'total dependence'! Most of you know I haven't driven since about 1992, due to Epilepsy. I've been dependent on others for food, my perscriptions, for everything I need. I can't think of a more wonderful feeling - to go from "being helped" to being the HELPER! Thank you to the VISIONARIES who made this possible for those of us who really needed this in our community. Thank you Walmart, for giving me my LIFE back. :) I cried with JOY today as they raised the flag and cut the ribbon.
Today, I went and got myself a small jar of my favorite pickles! Life is GREAT!

Walmart is now OPEN, and I walked there! NOW I can take care of my family and myself - by myself. Oh, Happy Day!

5 comments:

Ash & Paul said...

Who knew that a Walmart could make you so happy! ;) How great!

RAQ said...

You are so fun!!! Love your blog!

Linda said...

I've been there 3 times already today. Just for fun. Met my husband there this morning, and Lizzie, then a date with Spencer at Subway for the 2 for 1 deal, and also for a quick trip for baggies. :-) I did come back with Alfredo sauce, I have to admit. :) I think I spent about 3.5 hours there today "memorizing" the store and socializing. :-) It's a lot like going to church (same people) but it's ok to talk in the halls (aisles!) :-)

Shine1748 said...

OMG, Linda, you are soooooooo cute! I hope Walmart knows how happy they have made your life! That is a walk that we will have to take the next time we are there for a visit!

Luv ya bunches,
"Mom"

Sarah F. said...

Yeah! Jeff and I drove by that new Walmart. It seriously is the nicest one I've ever seen!