Thursday, June 24, 2010

PINK vs. RED

I don't remember ever really liking the color pink, as I really prefer red, but I think PINK is starting to grow on me. I was diagnosed yesterday with Grade 1 - Invasive Ductal Carcinoma. I am surrounded by loving friends and my children to support me as I jump on the train and "Race for the Cure". Women, please get your mammograms ON TIME. It will have saved my life and it could save yours. Please forgive the lack of posts. I really don't want it to be about cancer. I have so much more going on in my life which is POSITIVE. On a side note, my wonderful daughter Kathryn surprised me yesterday and came and painted my nails RED and gave me a little red tube of lipstick which has become somewhat of a pacifier for me. I didn't know I was hanging on to it so tightly until I saw the little indentation marks on my hand! I think I'm not going to fight the pink, I think I'll embrace the pink too, and fight cancer instead. Remember ladies, Cancer is a word - not a "sentence". :)

2 comments:

Hilary said...

We're with you all the way! We love you!

Kat said...

don't wear that red lipstick until later, ok? and when your nails chip, I'll paint them again. love you mom.