
Today we had a great family experience. I carried a little picture of Lizzie so she could hike with us in proxy. I thought a lot about her, and her growth, mentally, spiritually and physically as she climbed her own "Mountain of Faith". I wasn't initially sure I could do it - Hike to the Timp Caves. I was prepared (probably over prepared) and I did it and it was so TOTALL WORTH IT! The expression alone on my kids' face and to see them proud of their parents was wonderful. I loved that Travis held my hand to help me up part of it, and that in the caves, Spencer kept me steady. I also loved our tour guide. He was totally fine with the fact that I had epilepsy (I was a little apprehensive about being in the cave, with lights flashing) and he was very calming and extremely informative. EVERYONE should have a tour with this OUTSTANDING guide. He knows it all, seen it all, and has a great story to tell and very humorous. He really made our day! I also made a few friends along the way, and one was this little caterpillar and the other was a chipmunk. Yes, I named him Alvin. I look like a wet rag doll in this picture, but we had the time of our lives!!! Thank you Spencer for the great family date idea, thanks Kat and Travis for getting the tickets and for your great encouragement. Mark, I'm as proud of you as I am of myself for making it to the top. I only had a hard time coming down off my Victory Hike, because I wanted to continue to enjoy the view!!! What a great day!
3 comments:
Good for you, Linda! That sounds like fun!
We are very proud of you Linda for making that wonderful trip. Just shows how much you can do when you set your mind to it.
Luvs and hugs,
"Mom"
It was way awesome. We should do that again sometime!
Post a Comment