Tuesday, April 26, 2011

How can I ever thank you?

I want to thank my children, for being amazing examples of unconditional love during my (fourth of six) medical procedure today. Everything I could ever want in an hour of anguish, was delivered with such precision and care of true "professionals". Back was rubbed, tears were dried, food was prepared, calls were made, tenderness was given, hunger and thirst was answered with refreshment and rest was given. The house was cleaned, and I was able to sleep it off for 7 hours. This is what family is supposed to be. I'm so appreciative for the kindness and gentleness of my husband and how he can create magic in the kitchen. I'm so thankful for a strong gentle son who reaches, lifts and pushes and pulls all the household chores I can't do, and does it with a willing heart and spirit and kind smile. I appreciate Lizzie for her healing touch and always willing to listen and learn so she can be the best help medically and to be a wonderful sister, daughter and mother herself someday. I also appreciate Kat, though while through her own distress and constant nausea and hospital visits 4 times a week, still has time to let me know how much she cares and always calls at the precise moment I need to here her tender voice. A hard worker, she always finds the time to care... Also, I love my husband for being a wonderful example of a husband and father and for staying up to watch the last episode of "Larkrise to Candleford" with me. I am going to sleep well tonight. I'm embarrassed to be this happy, but it's been worth it, every bit of it, and what I had to pay for it, was worth the price...

1 comment:

Kat said...

I love you mama, you're a trooper!