Sunday, November 23, 2008

The GLAD GAME (what are YOU Thankful for?)

Today, my friend Michelle gave a great lesson in R.S. on gratitude and also other subjects based off the last conference addresses from President Monson. She and I are both big fans of the movie Pollyanna. Is this the first time my children are hearing this? Anyway, I love the prisms Pollyanna refers to, and how her enthusiastic optimism affects those around her and how that optimism is manifested in the love she shows others. Today, I want to express my gratitude and play the GLAD GAME for myself. Here's what I'm glad (grateful) for:

1. I'm glad I am married to the right man, in the right place, at the right time.
2. I'm glad my children are all hungry learners. It will serve them well their whole livces.
3. I'm glad my children are all playful. Life is hard and serious. Have a sense of humor!
4. I'm glad for my daughter to teach me how to blog, it's been "serious" fun.
5. I'm glad to have a testimony of the Savior Jesus Christ and what that does for our optimism.
6. I'm glad that I live so close to my honies, so we can 'sup together, and find out what's 'sup.
7. I'm glad to have such life-long loving and loyal friends! I reflect back and cherish you all.
8. I'm glad my children have picked wonderful friends. Sam, Jaimie and Lars, you're my favs. "That's what I'm talkin' about......"
9. I'm glad for Rachel Ray. She's made my life so much easier these days. Let's get cookin'!
10. I'm glad for Marines. Semper Fi. I'm off to Booty Camp, so stay tune for a healthier me.

3 comments:

embeesea said...

Yay! I'm playing the glad game too. When are we going to get these prisms beautiful?

Kat said...

I'm glad to have a wonderful mamma like you!!

Diana Sims said...

I love your "Glad Game". I will try harder to be grateful for all that I've been blessed with. Aren't we Lucky?!!! I'll remember your Glad Game!!