I've been tagged by Tamra Tungate in QUIRK tag. Here's the deal, you have to confess 6 of your quirks, so here goes. (P.S. Tamra, I didn't know any of your quirks, except your clothing quirk and I think you're awesome to wear vintage clothing!)1. I type out with my fingers or in my head - everything everyone says. My children often find me typing on my leg or in my lap. It's totally involuntary, and I do it a lot. It was a trick my 6th grade typing teacher taught us to learn to type fast, and now I really do - type fast. Unfortunately, this stuck with me, and not only do I type out what people say, I count the words too. :) I'm pretty sure it borders on OCD.
2. I - like Tamra- have to wash my dishes almost completely before they go into the dishwasher. It's not completely inexplicable, because my mother did it that way too. I tell my kids, it's not a dish-WASHER, it's a dish-STERILIZER. :)
3. I have a worthy-but-ridiculous goal (obsession) with having to do some SPECIAL act of service for a member of my immediate family each and every day, or I can't sleep (literally), and it has to be beyond the normal cooking or cleaning. They don't have to know about it or acknowledge it, but I have to do it. It's insane, because I use it for my lame excuse for my insomnia, which has no mental nor organic causes. So, whatev, I use it as my excuse. I convince myself that once I finish the task, I can sleep. This doesn't make me noble in the least. It just adds to the insomnia. LOL
4. I have to check the locks on the doors 3 times each night. I will go to great lengths to do this. I also have to be the last one to sleep, because I don't trust anyone else to do it. Say I'm from "L.A." or say I'm from "San Jose". It's not because of living in the East Side, it's from being totally quirky and maybe a little OCD. In my house in Hollister, there were 3 doors. I would have to criss-cross across the room 3 times each (don't do the math, you'll start laughing hysterically, and then I'd have to start over, because I don't remember if I "really" locked it or just accidently unlocked it. That's seriously quirky, and completely ridiculous, but I did live on the East side of Riverside, California - does that count? Give me a little break, or give me the number of your pschycologist :)
5. I'm in love with...... Clorox Wipes. I think I might like them more than Johnny Depp. This is beginning to be a problem....and the writing is on the wall - - wait....I guess it's not anymore, because I probably wiped it off with my Clorox Wipes (lemon or orange flavor please!). Buy me a little cylinder container, and we're friends for LIFE.
6. I have to own shoes that are made in foreign countries. Don't know what my deal is but it probably has something to do with "walking in another person's moccasins". I love to travel and having shoes from other countries. I have cute little slip ons from other countries, and I love getting little foreign shoes as gifts. (and my birthday is May 6, and I'm a size 6 1/2, hahaha). I don't own a lot of shoes, compared to most women, I just love little slippers for my very little feet. Makes me feel "dainty". (at least that's my story and I'm sticking to it!)
QUIRK TAG, you're it: Kathryn, Rachel, Donna, Christine, Lars and Stephanie!
1 comment:
I confess, I also type what people say on my leg or lap. I also sometimes type out what the tv is saying. I also used this technique to keep up my french for a while. I would translate talks in my head as people would give them or try to translate TV commercials or TV shows. It is a great way to get good at typing or a language, just a hard habit to break.
Post a Comment